Tag Beverage and Your Event
Having a party? Let Tag Beverage help! You've got enough to worry about, so why worry about your beverages? We've got everything you need, and we'll load it all right into your car...
...and because we're "The Beer Professionals," we've also got a helpful and courteous staff to help answer all of your questions. Here are a few frequently asked party questions to get you started:
- How much beer and soda do I need?
- This is the most common inquiry we get and—as you may imagine with such a broad question—there really is no one set answer. It merely invites more questions: How many guests are you having? Are they big beer drinkers? And what type of party are you having? A big 4th of July barbecue in the hot summer sun generally demands more drinks than a quiet, indoor Christening for close friends and family. So, while we can't give you a stock answer for this one on our website, we would like to invite you into one of our beverage centers where one of our staff would be glad to assist you with "customized planning" for your party.
- Can I get beer kegs?
- Absolutely! We've got a bunch to choose from, and we'll gladly lend you the taps and tubs you'll need to get them up and running.
- Do I have to order my beer kegs in advance?
- Not usually, but it depends on what you're looking for.
We readily stock the most popular brands—Budweiser and Coors, for example—so there usually is no need to order these common barrels in advance.
The exception to this rule would be on popular holiday weekends: 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc. Demand for kegs skyrockets on the holidays, so while we probably won't run out of stock, you're always best to call us a week or so in advance to "reserve" your keg and ensure availability.
Kegs containing more specialized brands of beer may have to be custom order for you. It could take up to two weeks before they're available, so be sure to contact us well in advance if you're looking for something special.
When in doubt, give us a call.
- Can I get ice at Tag Beverage?
- Yup. Bag or block. Bags are great for coolers or for putting directly in the cups. Block ice is ideal for coolers and kegs.
- Keg? Half-Keg? What's the difference? Is a half-keg really half of a keg?
- What we all commonly call a "keg"—the big barrels (like the picture to the left) that we find at parties and under the taps at taverns and bars—are really called "half-kegs." Folks just call them "kegs," because what would be considered a "full-keg" is not commercially available—or, at the very least, very uncommon. If you hear people talking about a "half-keg" or just a plain "keg," they're probably talking about the same thing: the 15.5 gallon barrels that we all know to be "beer kegs."
The term "half keg" should not be confused with smaller options, such as quarter kegs, beer balls, keg cans, and mini-kegs.
- How much ice do I need to ice down a keg?
- Your average keg (or "half keg," see above) will require a tub and about 50 to 70 pounds of ice to get started. Beyond that, take into account the length of your party and the heat of the day and have some extra ice handy to "keep it going" as the day goes on.
- How much ice do I need for mixed drinks?
- On the average, one to two pounds per drinker usually does the trick. Frozen drinks will require more.
- Should I choose 2-liter soda bottles or canned soda?
- It depends on your preference. Canned soda is generally considered more convenient, because you can usually offer more variety and the cans can be thrown in coolers and tubs and don't always require cups. The downside, though, is that there tends to be more waste with cans. Clean up after a party and see how many half-full cans are thrown in the garbage! So if you're looking for economy over the convenience, go with the 2-liter bottles. Figure about one 2-liter bottle for every three or so people you've got attending.
- Can you deliver my order to my house or party?
- Since Tag Beverage is family owned & operated and we offer free delivery for large and small party orders. Give us a call to find out!